[Station Name] (the “Station”)
Contest Rules and Regulations
By participating in a contest, you shall be deemed to have read and to have accepted these rules and regulations.
Prize Pick Up Info
What should I bring?
The Station reserves the right to ask contest winners to provide adequate identification in order to claim any prize won through a contest sponsored by the Station (for example, valid driver's license, passport, or other government ID).
Can I exchange or substitute my prize?
The prize(s) must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions, or exchanges are permitted. An alternate prize of equal or greater value due to unforeseen circumstances, may be awarded by the Station at its discretion. Where your prize consists of a ticket or tickets to an event, the Station is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of cancellations as a result of the weather, promoter, performer, or other reasons beyond our control.
How long do I have to pick up my prize?
Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning unless otherwise noted in the contest rules. Certain prizes, such as concert or show tickets, may not be available immediately following the completion of the contest, but the Station guarantees that the prize will be available a minimum of one week prior to the event.
How old do I have to be to claim my prize?
To claim a prize you must be at least 18 years of age. If the winner of a prize is under the age of 18, unless otherwise stated, a parent or guardian must accompany the winner to collect the prize with a piece of government photo ID belonging to the winner.
In the event a winner chooses not to accept a prize or the prize is not claimed within the 30 day period, the winner forfeits any and all claims to the prize.
Where do I collect my prize?
Prizes can be claimed any time after being won, unless stipulated otherwise, by visiting the Station, (insert address), during our office hours: Monday to Friday 9AM- 5PM, except when the office is closed due to statutory holidays. The Station will not mail or otherwise deliver prizes.
Can I have someone else pick up my prize on my behalf?
Yes, someone else may pick up the prize for you, as long as they provide us with the winner's information/identification, and the winner must contact the station beforehand to make us aware that someone else will be picking up the prize and to identify the person who will be picking up the prize.
Eligibility to Enter Contests:
The Station and its affiliates and any other contest sponsor, their respective employees, and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in any contests sponsored by the Station.
Unless otherwise limited in the specific contest rules, contests sponsored by the Station are open to anyone who is a legal resident of any province of Canada other than the Province of Quebec, age 12 or older.
To participate in a contest sponsored by the Station, a Swag Tag is required unless stated otherwise in a specific contest guidelines.
There is no purchase necessary to enter the contest or to register for a Swag Tag with the Station.
When can I win again?
Winners of prizes from contests sponsored by the Station are not eligible to enter another contest sponsored by the Station as follows:
Prize valued up to $500 – cannot enter for 30 days following date of award
Prize valued over $500 – cannot enter for one year following date of award. For prizes valued over $500, no member of the winner’s household shall be eligible to win a prize in a contest sponsored by the Station during the one year period following the date of the award.
General Contest Rules
1. The Station reserves the right to discard any entry that is not deemed legible.
2. Copies of these rules and regulations are available free to the public at the Station, (Station Address), during regular office hours: Monday to Friday 9AM- 5PM, except statutory holidays. They can also be found on our website at (Station Website).
3. Odds of winning a prize depends on the number of entries received during the contest period.
4. The Station reserves the right to use the name, likeness, entry letter, photo, and/ or recorded voice of any participant of any contest for promotional purposes without providing compensation for doing so.
5. Any and all federal, provincial, and local laws apply to all contests.
6. Participants agree to indemnify and hold forever harmless the Station, participating sponsors, employees, and affiliates for any injuries, accidents, and misfortunes, including death, which arise from participating in any contest and/ or acceptance of the prize. Participants have entered the contest at their own risk, and agree to hold nobody responsible for injuries or misfortune with regards to participation.
7. Winners shall be responsible for all costs and expenses not explicitly stated to form part of the prize, including but not limited to taxes, fees, insurance, and gratuities.
8. The Station does not assume any responsibility for technical malfunctions, human or technical error, delayed or incomprehensible data or transmissions, incorrect capture of entry information, or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, or software.
9. Where the prize includes travel, the prize winner must ensure that he/she and, where applicable, his/her companion have all the necessary travel documents, including valid passport, entry visas, etc. required to travel to the prize destination on the dates specified in the prize description. The Station shall not be held responsible for a winner not having the required travel documents to permit travel or the entry into or exit from any country or jurisdiction.
10. The Station reserves the right to cancel a contest or disqualify any participant if, in the Station’s sole opinion, due to fraud, technical failures, or human errors, the contest cannot be held as originally planned by the Station and associated sponsors. Any person entering the contest in such a way that it will corrupt the fair and honest conduct of the contest or could interfere with any other contestant’s chances of participating or winning, will be disqualified.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the general rules and regulations noted above and specific rules pertaining to a particular contest, the specific contest rules shall prevail, govern, and control. The interpretation of all rules and regulations shall be made by the Station in its sole discretion and any decisions of the Station are final. The Station reserves the right to supplement or change these general contest rules and regulations at any time.
12. If a contest or promotion sponsored by the Station is featured on a social media network there will be specific online contest rules provided.
Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to the Station's Promotion Manager by calling [Phone number for Station] during our office hours: Monday to Friday 9AM- 5PM, except when the office is closed due to statutory holidays, or by e-mail (Station email).
FAQ [NTD. These should be included as part of the contest rules]
If I want to request a song, what number do I call?
(The Station's) request line is (Station Number)
I have a public service announcement that I'd like to put on the air, how do I get it to the announcers?
All PSA's can be directed to (Station Email)
I have a cancellation, how can I get that to the announcers?
Cancellations may be called in using the request line, or called into the office at (Station Number).
I'm a new business looking for a Sales Rep, how do I get one?
Please call the office at (Station Number) to be placed with the next available Sales representative.